The project "Inclusion of Roma children in preschool education" is implemented by the Ministry of Labor and Social Policy in cooperation with the Roma Education Fund from Budapest, Local Self-Government Units and Public Municipal Institutions-Kindergartens from 2006 to 2020. The aim of the project is to remove the existing barriers to access to preschool institutions for Roma children aged 3 to 6 years, inclusion of children and their socialization as well as strengthening awareness among their parents about the importance of early childhood development and education of their children.
During these 14 years of project implementation, about 4,700 children from the Roma ethnic community in 19 municipalities were included free of charge.
For more successful implementation of the project, as well as building social skills and improving and mastering the Macedonian language, to facilitate the access of Roma children to JOUDG, in all municipalities where the project is implemented, 16 mediators were hired paid through the project budget of the Roma Education Fund, 20 caregivers, 18 of whom were transformed into full-time employees and 2 caregivers paid from the project budget of REF.
The project is implemented in 19 municipalities, 20 locations in the country, ie in the municipalities: Berovo, Bitola, Vinica, Prilep, Chair, Karpos, Delchevo, Kicevo, Kocani, Kumanovo, Veles, Gazi Baba, Pehchevo / v. Crnik, Centar and Debar .
- In the municipalities of Suto Orizari, Tetovo and Gostivar the project is implemented through a project funded by IPA.
- In September 2014, 487 children were enrolled, ie during the school year 2014/2015, an average of 560 children were enrolled.
- In September 2015, 557 children were enrolled, ie during the school year 2015/2016, an average of 541 children were enrolled.
- In September 2016, 506 children were enrolled, ie during the school year 2017/2018 until March, an average of 531 children were enrolled.
- In September 2017, 506 children were enrolled, ie during the school year 2017/2018 until March 2018, an average of 510 children were enrolled.
- In September 2019/2020, 274 children were enrolled, ie during the school year 2016/2017 until March 2020, an average of 264 children were enrolled.
In order to systematically address the inclusion of Roma children who are at social risk in kindergartens, from 2018, the Ministry of Labor and Social Policy submits Information to the Government of the Republic of Northern Macedonia on the inclusion of Roma children who are from families at social risk , by which the Government of the Republic of Northern Macedonia recommends to the mayors of the local self-government units to convene the Municipal Councils and to consider the possibility of exemption from co-payment for stay in the preschool institutions - kindergartens for Roma children who are at social risk ( age 3-6 years), ie Roma children whose parents are beneficiaries of the right to Guaranteed Minimum Assistance - GMP, Roma children placed in foster families and children from large families where there is only one employed parent who receives a minimum wage of 14,500 denars for to be involved in preschool education.
The school year 2020/2021 is the third year in a row with a conclusion from the Government where Roma children at social risk are included in preschool education with exemption from participation.
For the school year 2020/2021, within the project Inclusion of Roma children in preschool education, it is planned to include 393 children in a total of 21 municipalities.
КОРИСТИМЕ КОЛАЧИЊА *COOKIES НА ОВАА ВЕБ-СТРАНА ЗА ПОДОБРУВАЊЕ НА ВАШЕТО КОРИСНИЧКО ИСКУСТВО.